Dates & Times
Sep 8, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
Sep 15, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
Sep 22, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
Sep 29, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
Oct 5, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
Oct 13, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
Oct 27, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
Nov 3, 20196:00pm - 8:00pm
- Show allless
What is Alpha
Alpha is an eight-week opportunity to explore the validity and relevance of the Christian faith for our lives today. It is a practical and exciting introduction to the basics of Christianity with loads of opportunity for debate and discussion. The style of Alpha is informal, friendly, and non-threatening.
Alpha is enjoyed and appreciated as much by those who have never set foot in a church as it is by those who once attended and by the regular churchgoer. No matter what your background, whether investigating Christianity for the first time or revisiting your faith, you are likely to get a lot out of an Alpha Course.
Each week we meet together for a delicious meal, a live talk on topics such as "Who is Jesus?", "Why Did Jesus Die?", "How Can I be Sure of My Faith?", and "Does God Still Heal Today?", followed by small group interaction. There is Saturday getaway half-way through the course.
- Week 1: Is there more to life than this? / Who is Jesus?
- Week 2 : Why did Jesus die?
- Week 3 : Why and how should I read the Bible? Why and how do I pray?
- Week 4 : How can we have faith?
- Holy Spirit Day: Who is the Holy Spirit? / What does the Holy Spirit do? / How do I receive the Holy Spirit?
- Week 5 : How can I resist Evil?
- Week 6 : Does God heal today?
- Week 7 : Why and how should I tell others?
- Week 8 : What about the church? / How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
Who Is Alpha For?
- Those wanting to investigate Christianity
- New Christians
- Those who feel that they have never really gotten going as a Christian
- Newcomers to the church
- Those who want to brush-up on the basics
What Does It Cost?
There is no charge for the Alpha course, although a small contribution of $7 for the meal each Tuesday evening is encouraged.
Child Care will be provided. Please be sure to answer the question about child care on the registration form found here if you will be bringing children in need of child care. After we receive your registration, we will contact you for number, ages, and names.